12/15/09

Lavender Salt Bread


I've been kicking around the idea of making this no knead bread recipe for about two weeks now. I finally had enough incentive after I returned from visiting Jess in San Francisco with a jar of Lavender Salt I bought at the Ferry Building farmer's market. A loaf of coarse sea salt bread was always on the menu of our too infrequent dinners when Jess still lived in DC so this one's for you bestest.

I messed up a ton of steps in this process. My house is too cold, I left the dough too long, wrapped it in plastic wrap for 2hrs instead of 15 mins, didn't have the right pot, was convinced the Pyrex with "NO BROILER" stamped on the bottom would shatter everywhere... but here I am two days of my life later and I've got this great crusty hunk of bread that I can't wait to break into tonight.

1 comment:

Jessica Calefati said...

Ahhh! I wish you could mail it to me.