2/19/10

Smitten Pics

©smittenkitchen.com

I've been obsessed with the food pics found on Smitten Kitchen and Sprouted Kitchen. They are simple, straightforward, and for the most part don't over use insanely shallow depth of field so typical in food blogging these days. And the food, ugh! the food looks amazing, it drives me nuts! How! how! So I snooped until I caught a glimpse of the set up in the reflection of this bowl.

You see the key here, and what I lack in my culinary life, is light. If I could spend all morning making that next great delicious thing and prop it up next to that perfect morning light window maybe I too could take wonderful food pictures. But in reality, I tend to stay up way too late on a weeknight with my favorite red pot and badass food processor. So when it comes to showing off my culinary exploits I'm left with only the oven light at my disposal and perpetually crummy frames.

Oh, how I envy you ladies.

No comments: